The impact of new protocols and rules of operation has been immeasurable on businesses around the world – and your business is no exception. We are very pleased that many of our customers have found new ways to get products to market, and the demand for brewing ingredients continues to remain strong.
The freight market in North America and globally is also experiencing challenges, with carriers seeing delays caused by staff shortages, drivers rejecting loads into some areas that are experiencing higher cases of COVID-19, and higher freight demand overall. Carriers are challenged across all industries with changes to business operating hours, resulting in missed deliveries and freight delays.
We at Country Malt Group (CMG) have recently expanded our carrier base to decrease the volume and stress on any single carrier per geography; however, some delays continue to occur, especially outside of metro areas. We recognize that many brewers manage ingredient inventory on a “Just-In-Time” basis – however, we ask that customers please order a few days earlier than usual considering these delays. We have noted that some carriers’ websites continue to show pre-COVID transit times that are not always accurate, and we look forward to being able to provide real-time visibility to you, our customer, shortly.
To accommodate the increase in demand, we are adding new Customer Service team members, so you may hear some new voices! In addition to ordering a few days earlier, please consider submitting your orders by e-mail or by using our webstore for faster service during this frenetic time. If you have an immediate need for assistance, please contact your CMG Territory Manager for support, or email the Orders Desk directly.
Here are some suggestions that can help you get your order when you need it:
- Please submit orders 48 hours earlier than normal
- Use email or the CMG webstore for order submission
- Please provide product usage forecasts for new items or for major changes to your current order quantities to your CMG representative
- Consider ordering extra of your shelf-stable staple ingredients if your storage space allows
- Allow additional time for special order requirements or shipping constraints: milling, liftgate service, straight truck delivery, call-ahead, delivery appointments
- If you have changed your business hours, please make sure to note this when placing your order
We appreciate your business tremendously and will continue to do our best to deliver your ingredients safely, on time, and in good condition.
Country Malt Group Team